In spring 2015, S&P Consulting carried out an online-based customer analysis for a leading certification company in the electrical industry. A total of around 15,000 companies from over 70 countries were included in the analysis.
The primary aim of the analysis was to understand the needs of customers in order to adapt the existing offer structure more closely to different customer requirements in the regions involved.
The analysis recognized that the company’s established form of market and customer structuring made it impossible to differentiate between the decisive requirements and potential of customers. Customers from the same region, with a similar company size, or customers who focus on the same product categories, have very different expectations of a certification company.
S&P Consulting is currently examining the data collected from the online customer survey and is working on a region-specific, behavioral and needs-oriented customer segmentation that can be used to address existing potentials precisely.
- Innovative customer segmentation according to behavior, needs and potential
- Specific minimum expectations and value creation potential of the individual customer segments
- Degree of fulfillment of minimum expectations and value creation potential from the customer’s point of view
- Findings on previous misjudgments and “blind spots” by comparing the inside and outside view
- Attractive and tailor-made value propositions for target customer segments and acute need for action
- Specific adjustment needs in the internal setup from an integrated market and efficiency perspective